GevPwr’s view on servicing your fuel injectors
Almost no manufacturer recommends fuel injector cleaning maintenance under normal operating conditions. From a manufacturer’s viewpoint: take care of your car and drive in none-race conditions than you’ll be fine.
We have also seen publications that indicate it should be maintained anywhere between 15,000 to 60,000 miles. As you can see the mileage variance is so high that you really can’t go by driven mileage or by manufacturer’s recommendation unless you baby your car when it comes to driving and maintenance.
Testing Only – $15 Per Injector
Testing and Cleaning – $30 Per Injector
|Ultrasonic Exterior Body Cleaning||Ultrasonic Exterior Body Cleaning|
|Electrical Circuitry Testing||Electrical Circuitry Testing|
|Leak Testing||Leak Testing|
|Spray Pattern Inspection
||Spray Pattern Inspection
|Flow Rate Recording (idol, medium, static)||Flow Rate Recording and Comparing (idol, medium, static)|
|Does NOT Include Fuel Path Cleaning||Ultrasonic Fuel Path Cleaning|
|No Parts are Replaced or Serviced||Pressurized Back Flush Cleaning|
|Replacing all O-Rings|
|Replace Filters (if applicable to injector style)|
|Replace Pintle Caps (if applicable to injector style)|
|Injector Inspection Report||Injector Inspection Report Before and After Cleaning|
Injector Shipping Instructions
Print customer information sheets, fill out and enclose it with your injectors.
It’s best not to remove any parts from the injector as we will return all parts back to you. In case you are seeking only GevPwr testing service than all parts have to be on the injector for us to run the tests.
Please only send the injector and not the fuel rails or any hold-down brackets, clips, etc.
If you don’t plan on using the injector right away please don’t remove them from the airtight bag we shipped them in. As a precaution we automatically lubricate all injectors before packaging to extend the life when not in use.
Packing and shipping
Its important that you let gas drain out of your injectors than wrap your injectors individually in a paper towel and put them in a plastic zip-lock bag.
We recommended that your injectors are shipped in a box and not in a padded envelope to keep them from getting damaged.
For your safety please purchase shipping insurance and get delivery conformation with tracking number so you know when we receive your injectors.
We return ship via priority mail and charge a $15.00 plus insurance.
We do not ship back uninsured or grossly under-insured without you take full responsibility if injectors are lost or damaged during shipping. On the form please indicate how much return shipping insurance you like to purchase as GevPwr takes no responsibility for loss or damage during shipping. The cost is $1.75 for each $100 of insurance you purchase.
We do not ship internationally, only to US addresses on continental United States except Alaska.
Very few injectors can be modified to increase the flow and still work correctly. Usually the spray patterns will be poor and their flow rates will be very mismatched after modification.
- Exteriors are ultrasonically cleaned, visually inspected, and numbered.
- Injectors are tested and recorded for resistance (ohm) by our machine. If an injector fails this test no further attempt will be made to clean that injector.
- Electronically tested for inductance, shorts, and current draw.
- Leak testing is done.
- Spray pattern and flow rate is tests and recorded..
- Filter baskets and pintle caps are removed where applicable.
- Our special ultrasonic cleaning process is performed. During this process, the cleaning solution is heated while the injectors are pulsed at various rates as the ultrasonic machine automatically applies different ultrasonic wave length to loosen any residue inside the injector.
- Individually back-flush is performed with testing liquid to remove ultrasonically loosened particles left inside the injector plus to wash away the cleaning fluid. Our machine does not mix cleaning solution with testing solution as our testing solution is in a seal-tight chamber in the testing machine.
- Injectors are retested for: leaks, spray pattern and flow, and the results are recorded.
- New filter baskets, O-rings, and pintle caps are installed if and where applicable.
- The injectors are lubricated and placed in sealed airtight plastic bags.
- A comprehensive test report is prepared and returned with the injectors.